But now you’ve got your new shiny phone (in my case a Nokia Lumia 920), configured your Start Screen and Lock Screen to look just right, but now you’re missing your Apps from your old phone.
So what are you going to do?
Sure you could go to the Windows Phone Store (no longer called Marketplace) and start searching and installing all your apps manually (if you can remember them all). But that’s gonna take a lot of time.
I have a better solution and it’s REALLY COOL
1. Go to your computer and open your favorite Browser and go to http://windowsphone.com
2. On the Windows Phone web page on the upper right side, hover over Explore and click Have a Windows Phone? Sign in.
3.Sign in with your Microsoft Account (Windows Live) that you used with your previous Windows Phone.
4. The Windows Phone web page is re-displayed but now your account name should be listed.
5. Now hover over your account name and click Purchase history.
- Connect your phone to a Wi-Fi connection (to save on broadband charges)
- Go to your Settings > Find My Phone and select Send apps to my phone using push notification (Not SMS)
Once you’ve completed those tasks, then you can start the reinstallation process.
But here’s the REALLY COOL stuff
7. Find your app that you want on your new phone and click on Reinstall.
8. Notice that the message displays Contacting your phone.
9. Switch over to your new phone and go to your list of Apps, you will see that the selected App is being reinstalled remotely on your phone.
NOW HOW COOL IS THAT?